Vashon Island Rowing Club offers rowing opportunities for both recreational and competitive athletes. Qualified Masters and guests are welcome at all rows.
Each member athlete must complete the following requirements before they can participate in a VIRC Masters rowing program.
- Be at least age 19 with either prior rowing experience or completion of at least one Learn to Row session
- Complete a VIRC membership application (click here to download application, return completed form to head coach)
- Complete a float test (click here to download form and return completed form to head coach)
- Demonstrate that you can lift 35 lbs overhead
- Become a USRowing member (click here ). Membership levels are as follows:
- Basic – Recreational rowers and ITC only
- Regatta Package – Compete in USRowing events
- Championship – Same as Regatta Package but includes USRowing magazine
- Sign the USRowing Waiver of Liability electronically (click here) and renew annually
- Rowers wanting to take out a VIRC boat without a launch are required to complete a flip test
- Volunteer: VIRC is a mostly-volunteer organization and your participation as a volunteer is both required and key to the continuing success of VIRC
All members pay an annual membership fee and select the rowing or training option desired. Fee schedule pertaining to each option is contained in the links below. Fees will not be prorated.
- VIRC Basic Masters Membership Fee good for the calendar year
Rowing Options – Unlimited rowing and coaching is offered on a seasonal basis. Rowing Options include unlimited access to the ITC. Members can select their season(s) and/or purchase a 15-row pass.
- Winter Season – January 1 – March 31
- Spring Season – April 1 – June 30
- Summer Season – July 1 – September 30
- Fall Season – October 1 – December 31
- 15 row pass – Passes are on the honor system, please keep track of your rows in the notebook at the boathouse. Pass is also good for unlimited use of the indoor training center, including classes. Additional passes may be purchased as needed.
Membership fee and payments are due as noted on the payment links below. Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Financial assistance may be available based on need and funding availability.
VIRC welcomes guests at the boathouse or the training center. Please email us in advance of your arrival email@example.com. Guests must complete a Guest Information Form and Liability Release (click here to download form and return completed form to coach) before using club equipment, be competent rowers if participating on the water, check-in with coach upon arrival, and if using the training center be accompanied by a member. There is no “guest fee” for either rowing or ITC. Donations are always appreciated.
Boathouse Storage for Singles
There is a limited number of spaces in the boathouse for private singles. If you are interested in being added to the waiting list for a spot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Annual payment for storage can be made by clicking the link at the bottom of the page.