Junior Crew Registration
Junior crew is open to boys and girls in 8th to 12th grade, both returning athletes and novices. Practice runs from 3:10 to 5:40 Monday through Friday at the Jensen Point Boathouse. The final event of the season is the NW Junior Championship Regatta at Lake Vancouver in May. Below is the registration schedule for the Spring 2015 season. For the spring season schedule of regattas and events see the VIRC calendar, click HERE.
- Thursday, 1/1/15: Online registration opens for spring season
- Monday 1/19/15: Online registration closes
- Thursday, 1/15/15: Deadline for financial aid applications
- Tuesday, 1/20/15: Practice begins
- Monday, 1/26/15: Deadline for refund requests (less $50 processing fee)
- Monday, 5/18/15: Season ends
Due to equipment and space limitations there is a limit to the number of rowers admitted to junior crew. Registration does not mean acceptance. Should registration exceed the limitation, tryouts will be held. Spring Season Fees
- The Program Fee of $615 is due with online registration.
- Competition fee of $410 for local regattas and USRowing Northwest Junior Regional Championships is due on Feb 22.
- Competition fee of $150 for Covered Bridge Regatta, in Eugene OR due March 8.
- Competition fee of $275 for Brentwood Regatta, in Mill Bay CN due March 22.
Coxswain are encouraged to apply. Program fees for coxswain are 50% of the posted fee. Coxswain pay 100% of competition fees. Coxswain will primarily cox the junior crews, but may be asked to cox occasionally at master’s practice. When masters and juniors attend the same regattas, coxswain will cox both.
All athletes must be a member of USRowing. Membership fee is $45 for youth http://www.usrowing.org/join.aspx. Please note there may be additional costs for uniform pieces and rowing gear. Registration and competition fees are paid online at the bottom of this page.