JUNIOR CREW REGISTRATION
Junior crew is open to girls and boys in 8th – 12th grades. Practices are held Monday through Friday from 3:10 pm to 5:40 pm at the Jensen Point Boathouse. The season concludes in mid-May with the NW Junior Championship Regatta at Lake Vancouver, WA. Below is the registration schedule for the Spring 2018 season. Additional spring events and regatta dates can be seen on the VIRC calendar.
- 1/1/18 Online registration opens
- Friday – 1/15/18 Deadline for financial aid application*CLOSED*
- Friday – 1/26/18 Online registration closes
- Monday – 1/29/18 First Day of Practice
- Wednesday- 1/31/18 Mandatory Novice Parent Meeting at Camp Burton
- Thursday – 2/3/18 Deadline for refund requests (less $50- processing fee)
- Monday – 5/21/18 Season Ends (Team Photo Day)
Due to limited equipment and coaching staff there is a cap on how many rowers can be admitted to Junior Crew. Registration does not mean acceptance. Should registration exceed the limitation, tryouts will be held and cuts will be made at the end of the first week of practice.
SPRING SEASON FEES
- Program Fee: $600 for rowers is due with online registration.
- Program Fee: $300 for coxswains is due with online registration.
- Competition Fee: $60 for Green Lake Spring Regatta is due 2/17/18
- Competition Fee: $200 for Covered Bridge Regatta (Eugene, OR) is due 3/20/18
- Competition Fee: $320 for Brentwood Regatta (Mill Bay, BC, Canada) is due 3/27/17
- Competition Fee: $400 for NW Regional Championships is due 4/18/18
Coxswain are encouraged to apply. Coxswains pay a reduced program fee (as listed above) and regular competition fees. Coxswain primarily cox the junior crews but may occasionally be asked to cox at master practices. When masters and juniors attend the same regattas, coxswain will cox both.
Regatta participation is encouraged, please communicate any conflicts with BOTH the coaching staff and the Jr. Chair at the start of the season. A commitment to attend is reinforced with competitive fee paid by the due date. We will also offer additional practices on Late-Start Thursdays and Saturday mornings. These extra practices will be by invitation from the coaching staff and are 100% optional for invited athletes.
All athletes must be a championship member of USRowing. The membership fee is $45 for youth (USRowing). Upon registering, you will be asked for the club code- 9S7ZB. If your rower is new, please complete the USRowing registration before completing your Spring season registration! You will be asked to enter your child’s USRowing membership number when completing registration on Regatta Central. Please note, there may be additional costs for uniform pieces and rowing gear. Registration and competition fees are paid online. Look for the blue tab at the bottom of this page.
Those who compete at NW Youth Regionals and qualify for the US Youth National Championships (in California for 2018), the season continues into June. Fees for additional training and travel will be determined when we know how many athletes will be attending.