Vashon Island Rowing Club is seeking an experienced Coach with a passion for coaching youth and masters rowers in a safe, inclusive and competitive environment year round. The club has a strong competitive history of small boats
Vashon Island Rowing Club’s Junior program consists of approximately 40 student- athletes and 60 masters. Practices are held in the well-protected waters of Quartermaster Harbor for juniors weekday afternoons 3-5:30pm, masters practices commence at daylight Tue-Sat.
- Motivate, coach, and develop the potential of diverse rowers
- Maximize athlete retention, model sportsmanship and development of life skills
- Inspire and train rowers, teach rowing technique and safety to athletes of varying skill levels
- Develop and implement workouts, plan goals, run on-water practices
- Plan and coordinate regatta activities; attend team functions and perform administrative tasks
- Drive outreach programs to help recruit new student-athletes
- Passionate about the sport of rowing
- Proven track record of coaching success
- Demonstrated understanding of rowing safety guidelines
- Experience coaching various groups from student-athletes to masters
- Strong communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong references
- US Rowing Certification, CPR/First Aid Certification
In our search we are looking for a candidate with an open, accountable and positive leadership approach. Candidates must possess an intimate knowledge of all aspects of rowing and the ability to teach across a broad spectrum of skill levels, body types and age groups. You must have the ability to create a safe, enjoyable, competitive and focused learning environment for all members. The successful candidate will be dynamic and enthusiastic with a talent for management and communication, the ability to lead as well as follow and expertise navigating the operational challenges of youth and masters rowing programs both on and off the water.
Alternatively, if you are a collegiate level rower with little coaching experience who is looking to remain engaged in the sport we would like to speak with you.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Professional Development and Certificate Courses are paid for by the program